Pages

1/5/16

The Cinderella Tag




I found out about this lovely tag on a blog I follow (I've forgotten which one at the moment) and I got so excited! Cinderella is my favorite princess. always has been, and always will be I think. Heidi of Along the Brandywine (beautiful blog I just discovered and I love already) is hosting a Cinderella Party which this tag is a part of. If you're interested in joining please do! we'll have lots of fun! alright, without further ado, let's get on to the questions.

1. In the vast array of fairytale heroines, what particular character qualities most define Cinderella?
Kindness, loving even terrible people, hard working. 

2. What are some of the deeper, big picture differences you see between retellings where both stepsisters are nasty and others where one is nasty and one is kind? How do you think the two takes differently develop/illuminate/affect Cinderella’s character and also the overarching story itself?
I've actually never read/watched an adaption with a nice stepsister, so I couldn't say. But I think it would be very interesting to look into one day.

3. Are you an animal lover? Would you eagerly count mice, lizards, cows, and geese as friends? Dogs and cats? 
I do love animals, and I would readily be their friend! I don't know if I love as much as some people, but I do love them. :)

4. After asking question #3, I realized how remarkably many of the adaptations I’ve seen have Cinderella either horseback riding or involved with horses. Have you ever ridden? If so, have you ever ridden sidesaddle or bareback? 
I have never ridden, but I would LOVE to try!!! I've always been fascinated by horses and riding them. they're just so beautiful and full of life. :)

5. Your favorite Cinderella dress/s?
This may not count, but I really love this one:




6. Do you ever think of Cinderella while doing your household chores? :)
Sometimes yes! I should more often actually....

7. What major character traits do you think are essential in a faithful prince? 
Faith in God, loyalty, kindness, bravery. 

8. Your top THREE favorite fairy tales (as in the original folk tales, not adaptations). 
1. Cinderella
2. Rapunzel
3. Snow White
I can't promise they will stay in this order, or be the same fairytales forever (with the exception of Cinderella) because my mind changes at the least expected moments.

9. Your top FIVE current favorite fairy tale/legend type films (BESIDES any Cinderella adaptations). 
oh this is hard. Can Once Upon A Time count? haha guess not. Okay in no particular order, Tangled, The Little Mermaid, How To Train Your Dragon(1&2), Nanny Mcphee (that counts right? ;)), and Frozen.

10. If you could play Cinderella and the story could be set in any region of the world and any time period, what would you pick? And what would your dream ‘ball gown’ for it be like? 
The period that the 2015 Cinderella was set in, in the English countryside. *flails* and my gown? I'm not exactly sure. It would of course be a beautiful shade of blue, but as for the style I'm not sure what I'd like.

11. And (purely for fun :))… what color/s do you immediately associate with Cinderella?
Blue of course! and maybe a bit of gold or light pink as well.





With love,
Emilie

12 comments:

  1. Great answers, Emilie! So cool that you could join in! Tangled is one of my favorite fairy tale movies also! And I love Frozen :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've never seen Ever After, it's a great adaptation! There's a bit of language & some innuendo (mostly humorous), but it's one of my favorite movies. It stars Drew Barrymore as Danielle, AKA Cinderella. This one has a kind stepsister in it, named Jacqueline. If you can't tell from the names, it's set in France. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. after doing this tag, I definitely have been wanting to watch that and other Cinderella adaptions. :) I didn't know there were so many!

      Delete
    2. after doing this tag, I definitely have been wanting to watch that and other Cinderella adaptions. :) I didn't know there were so many!

      Delete
  3. Oh, Emilie... I love your answers! And I read your wonderful "About" page and (per said About page ;)) it looks like we have a LOT in common! :)

    YES, Cinderella's house dress absolutely counts!

    And ohhhhh, you listed How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2!!! I haven't seen anything other than the two films (quite recently actually), but I LOOOOVE those!! (They're on my Cinderella tag answers, too. ;D)

    Again, I'm so glad you were able to join in the party as it was such a delight 'meeting' you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you! It was a delight meeting you too!

      Delete
    2. awww thank you! It was a delight meeting you too!

      Delete
  4. Marvelous answers! I think Once Upon a Time should definitely count... I almost put it, but it came in at #6 or #7 on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!! That dress of Cinderella's is really pretty, not to mention the horse!!!

    ReplyDelete