Pages

9/2/16

LIFE UPDATE + SCREAMING IN ALL CAPS ABOUT MY OBESSIONS




Ignore the long and rambling title. So where have I been? Life decided to happen. You say, "isn't that supposed to be a good thing?" and I say, "maybe." some of it has been good. Really good actually. And other moments have been like WHY DO HUMANS EVEN EXIST ON THIS PLANET but you know things are trucking along and I'm surviving, and maybe even enjoying life. Most of it. *clears throat*.  For lack of ideas I thought I'd give you all a life update. Yeah, I can hear you yawning already. If things go according to plan I'll have more interesting posts eventually. I sincerely apologize for the lack of posts people. I promise I'm not mad at anyone. :)  So my life......

What I've Been Loving:
  • TWENTY ONE PILOTS. Like seriously why haven't I got into them before?!? Oh yeah, cause I judged them because I thought they were depressed, weird, goth kids who needed Jesus. I'M SO ASHAMED FOR THINKING THAT. They are some of the sweetest people on earth and they've helped so many people. I love them to death. No, I don't agree with everything they say or do, but they are sincere people with beautiful music and beautiful hearts. EVERYBODY GIVE IT UP FOR THE BEAN AND THE SPOOKY DRUMMER. A few of my very favorite songs are Car Radio, and Holding On To You but I my favorites are pretty much ALL OF THEM. And Vessel is my favorite album. I could go on for a while but I should save that for another post. a LOONG one.
  • Jane Eyre. NOBODY TOLD ME THAT MAJOR FEELS WERE INVOLVED IN THIS. Mama had began to read it to me a long time ago, but I barely understood most of it, so I thought it boring. We also watched a movie a long time ago but I remember it being strange and horror like. Recently I found a movie on Netflix, looked it up to make sure it had no *ahem* scenes that make one squirm, and finding nothing alarming (aside from the fact *SPOILERS* that he has a mad wife shut up in the top of his house), I dove in. OH THE AGONY BUT IT WAS SO GOOD. I'm reading the book now and in all honesty I'm still not sure what I think about Jane's decisions. BUT I CAN'T STOP BEING OBSESSED. 
  • History. I have an obsession with history. Like, a bad obsession. I read classical novels, I listen to classical music around the house, I randomly quote Jane Austen (especially Mrs. Bennet) in a British accent*, I look up period dramas all the time to see if they're worth watching, I sometimes read sections out of my old textbooks, I have conversations with my grandpa (who is also a history nerd), and I've always drimed of attending a ball in full costume.  I mention it now because I had big life changes, and I had kinda forgotten how much I loved Period dramas and gowns and classical music and history in general, until I watched that Jane Eyre movie, AND SUDDENLY I REMEMBERED MY OBSESSION. THERE IS NO GOING BACK. *(Be honest with yourself fellow Austenites, you have, at LEAST once, wailed "Oh Mr. Bennet you have no comPASSION on my poor nerves!", to the alarm of your family members. I know you have.) 
  • Marvel. Marvel is ruining my life. especially the Captain America storyline. *FLAILS* I feel rather idiotic loving comic book characters almost as much as real people but you know, what else is new. But, if you would have told me three years ago that I would be wanting to get my hands on comic books, crying over superheroes, Hyperventilating over the movie trailers, thinking about doing full cosplay for Infinity war with my best friend in two years, and marrying one of the characters, I would have said you were crazy (okay so I'm not marrying him. yet.......... yet.) 
  • Pinterest. Yeah I know I'm really, really late to the party. BUT I"M HERE NOW. First it was G+, the it was Polyvore, and now Pinterest is added to the pile of things that make me forget I have a life. Don't judge; they provide therapy for the slightly insane. (please tell me that's the right way to use a semicolon because I'm still trying to figure that little thing out)
  • Anklets. I'm pretty sure you're bored silly by this point. to make this short and sweet, I love anklets, and I happen to be reading a book about a girl who loved one that she had, so it made me want to buy myself some anklets. During Bible study yesterday for some crazy reason (probably because I should have been listening...) I realized that I had bracelets that might work, and lo and behold, they did. So I got really excited over something that no one else (except my lil sis) got excited about so I slap it onto this blog in the hopes that my weird little self is amusing somebody. 
  • FOOD. Current cravings: Pizza, Bread, Chocolate, Ice cream, Cookies, and like Japanese or Chinese takeout?!?!? My body is very random. 




What I've Been Doing
  • Deciding what to do with my life. At some point all high schoolers think about that this, and for me this year has been no exception. And guess what? I DON'T HAVE THE LEAST IDEA WHAT I'M DOING but that's okay. I'm just trying to figure my priorities, find balance, and pursue those priorities. College? Wherever God leads. Mcdonalds? DEFINITELY NOT. If I do get a fast food job, it will be Chick-fil-a, no question. Wow I got off track. okay, in short, I'm just waiting to see what's right for me. 
  • Getting in the swing of a new school year. For some people, this is a really stressful situation, but this year has been different. My mom has really worked hard on a better schedule for us this year, and things are a whole lot less rushed and crammed. She's been breaking us in slowly from about the middle of last month, and things are going pretty well so far. I've been enjoying it. yeah it's work, but not overly stressful work. 
  • Listening to waaaaaaaay too much music. Again what else is new. but seriously there is some great music floating around out there just waiting to be discovered, and I think I discovered a significant amount of it this year. I wanna share it with everybody but that would take a while. Probably the rest of your life so, don't ask.
  • I'd put more in this category but I feel like I don't do anything else interesting so yeah I'm Dun.
So my life is a bit nuts. But all in all, It's really beautiful. I have a lot to be thankful for. *I type as I listen to Unstoppable by Sia*. But seriously that song makes you feel invincible.
What you guys been up to? Please let me know if you like posts of this sort, and whether or not you want to see a post entirely devoted to Twenty One Pilots? Or while we're at it, an entire post about Marvel? OR an entire post about food :D? I love you people!

Emmy

P.S: I apologize for any incoherence. I wrote most of this when I was very tired.










6 comments:

  1. Hehe, I'm also obsessed with history, Pinterest, and food. Oh, and yes, you used that semicolon correctly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your blog post....hope to get to read some of the other ones soon! I vote a whole post about FoOd...hehe Love, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah woah woah woah HOLD ON A SEC - are you telling me you WATCHED JANE EYRE BEFORE YOU READ IT?!?!?!?! For SHAME. *shakes head*

    On another note I totally think about things I shouldn't be during Bible Study too XD And anklets are so cute! I laughed. :D :D

    Also, your blog is flippin' amazing and just about everything you posted here I was like "me, me, me, also me, me, me, me, WHO IS THIS GIRL SHE IS ME" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welll I wasn't sure what to expect XD BUT I LOVE THE BOOK NOW SO MUCH AHHH
      and thank you so much!!

      Delete